The last day to register to vote in the Nov. 6 General Election is Tuesday, Oct. 9.
To register to vote in Arizona, you must:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be a resident of Arizona and the county listed on your registration
- Be 18 years of age or more on or before the day of the next regular General Election
You cannot Register to Vote in Arizona if:
- You have been convicted of a felony and have not yet had your civil rights restored
- You have been adjudicated incompetent
How to register to vote:
Online: Service Arizona EZ Voter Registration
In order to use this link you must have an Arizona Driver License and/or an Arizona non-operating Identification Card issued by the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) on or after Oct. 1, 1996. Upon successful completion of the online EZ Voter registration, you will receive a confirmation number. The confirmation number is your receipt the information you entered has been accepted and changed.
Print a Form:
You may obtain a printable form online, fill in the form, print the form, sign and date it, affix the proper postage and mail the form to the County Recorder of the county in which you are a legal resident.
You may obtain a printable Federal Voter Registration form (U.S. Election Assistance Commission) in English, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Tagalog, or Vietnamese at www.eac.gov/voter_resources/register_to_vote.aspx
By Mail: You may request an Arizona Voter Registration form from the County Recorder in the county in which you are a legal resident. For Voter Registration Information or to request an early ballot, contact the Cochise County Recorder at (520) 432-8354 or 1-888-457-4513 or by email at email@example.com.
In Person: You may visit the County Recorder in the county in which you are a legal resident and complete an Arizona Voter Registration form.
- To be eligible for an election, you must register to vote at least 29 days before the election.
- You can mail or hand deliver your completed form to your County Recorder's office.
- If by mail, the form must be received by the County Recorder no later than 5 days after the last day to register to vote in that election or be postmarked 29 days or more before an election and received by the County Recorder by 7 p.m. on election day
- Your County Recorder's office will mail you a proof of registration within 4 – 6 weeks
Proof of Citizenship Requirement
If this is your first time registering to vote in Arizona or you have moved to another county in Arizona, your voter registration form must also include proof of citizenship or the form will be rejected. If you have an Arizona driver license or non-operating identification issued after Oct. 1, 1996, write the number in box 9 on the front of the Arizona Voter Registration form. This will serve as proof of citizenship and no additional documents are needed. If not, you must attach proof of citizenship to the form. Only one acceptable form of proof is needed to register to vote.
The following is a list of acceptable documents to establish your citizenship:
- A legible photocopy of a birth certificate that verifies citizenship and supporting legal documentation (i.e. marriage certificate) if the name on the birth certificate is not the same as your current legal name
- A legible photocopy of the pertinent pages of your passport
- Presentation to the County Recorder of U.S. naturalization documents
or fill in your Alien Registration Number in box 11
- Your Indian Census Number, Bureau of Indian Affairs Card Number, Tribal Treaty Card Number, or Tribal Enrollment Number in box 10
- A legible photocopy of your Tribal Certificate of Indian Blood or Tribal or Bureau of Indian Affairs Affidavit of Birth.
If you are registered in Arizona and use the registration form because you move within a county, change your name, or change your political party affiliation, you do not need to provide photocopies of proof of citizenship. If you move to a different Arizona county, you will need to provide proof of citizenship.
Cancel Voter Registration
You may cancel your registration if you move out of the state or if you no longer wish to be a registered voter. Contact your County Recorder.
To request an Early Ballot in Cochise County, contact the Recorder’s Office at 520-432-8354 or 1-888-457-4513 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Oct. 26.